pupdate plugin (Plugin Update) operational problem

I have installed version 0.7 of pupdate. The INSTALL and README files have a few
contractions in them. Enough so, that I am not able to be sure I have it configured
correctly. I also have problems with the Admin Add/Remove plugin by the same author.

1) How does one use the pupdate plugin? I don't see it appear in any menus. How does
one start it going?

2) Something related is the plugin Admin Add/Remove says to create a file called
"admin" in the config directory and then to place the administrators names in it. I
did that and those names show up when I activate this plugin in the "Options" area.
However, it refuses to allow me to add or remove those name entries.

Anybody with experience using these plugins would sure please me with some
instruction. I've written the author and posted bug reports on Source Forge but
haven't gotten a reply.

--
Paul A. Franz, P.E.
PAF Consulting Engineers