Re: Using Squirellmail with IMAP

On 14-sep-2006, at 22:21, Butler, Lawrence wrote:
> Is there a version of Squirrelmail that can be used without IMAP?
>
>             My hosting service does not  provide IMAP support.
>
>             If there is no version. Is there a way to get pass this?

There's only an imap version since webmail tipically relies on a
server to store it's mail. You could however run your own SMTP
(postfix) and imap server (cyrus, uw-imap etc.) and use fetchmail to
get the mail from your hosting provider's pop service into your own
imap store. You might also want to check if you provider supports
forwarding mail to your smtp server, in that case you could do
without fetchmail.

HTH,

Peter