Re: [Fwd: SQUIRREL MAIL / OUTLOOK]

clip clip clip

> We recently set up a Squirrelmail account, and as we use this in conjunction with our
Microsoft Outlook account, were wondering if there is a way to view the Squirrelmail
on Outlook.  For example I know it is possible to view Hotmail on Outlook - being that
Outlook can connect with an http webmail.  Is this at all possible with Squirrelmail?

SM reads your e-mail using IMAP. You can read the same e-mail using IMAP with Outlook or
you can probably use POP3 too with Outlook providing that POP is setup on your
mailserver which it normally would be. If you want to leave your mail on the server and
use POP, that is possible too with Outlook settings.

Your request sounds a bit confused to me. If you mean by "We recently set up a
Squirrelmail account" that you started using SM that was setup on some server to access
your mail, then that is just another way of accessing your e-mail there. As, I said
above, SM uses IMAP to access that mail. Outlook or Outlook Express for that matter, can
access the same mail using either POP3 or IMAP. If you want access to that same mail
using Outlook but you want to leave the mail on the mail server (as it is done using
IMAP) you can still use POP3 if you check the setup function withing Outlook to "leave
mail on server".

Outlook has support for accessing multiple mail accounts and you can access each one
differently.

If you mean you want to use the SM interface to view and manage your mail, then you
access SM using a web browser and not by using another e-mail client such as Outlook.

> Many thanks.
>

> All best wishes
>

> Jessica
>

> PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW CONTACT DETAILS