Re: multiple imap servers / one webmail server with squirrelmail

On 9/19/06, serving soon <servingsoon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9/19/06, Paul Lesniewski <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > > But Paul, isn't the login "user at domainone.tld"  Supplying the needed
> info
> > > to construct the imapserver  mail.+domainone.tld   ?
> >
> > OK, yes, if you want to trust the username as given, then no list or
> > abstraction is needed.  I can work with you to include this in the
> > pending vlogin release (hopefully).  Running with this kind of
> > functionality, however raises some questions such as whether or not
> > the SMTP server should also be the same as the given domain....
>

>  OK. Wonderful.
>
>  Of course such a setup will allow sq installation to work for users on any
> imap server as long as it is running on "mail"+usrdomain.com .

See, that is an assumption you cannot make for other people.  The
better approach is to allow the administrator to define what to do
with the given domain in order to arrive at the correct IMAP server.
I need to put some time into that.

>  Maybe a simple list of accepted domain can limit such a possibility as an
> option.  This is if sq admin elects to control who gets to use his
> installation. He just adds a domain into a list of accepted domains.

I thought no list was desired?  This kind of functionality won't be
high on my list I think.

- Paul