multiple imap servers / one webmail server with squirrelmail

Hi All

I found this discussion and patch from 2.5 years ago:
http://www.mail-archive.com/squirrelmail-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg11144.html

I do need to accomplish the same thing still but I can not find any solution for it.  Has anyone solved this in anyway?

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 10:29 -0800, p dont think wrote:
> > well, what I'd like to have (or to code) is quite simple: if the
> > user name is " user1 at domain1.com", SM should connect to "domain1.com:143",
> > if the login is "user2 at anotherdomain.com ", it should connect to
> > "anotherdomain.com:143". (the short names are defined in dns, but
> > as a variant, we could take "mail." or "imap." + part after the "@").
> >
> > With NO lists of domains, NO specific setup for each domain (it would
> > be for hunderds of domains), NO pull down menu, and NO exception :
> > just KiSS :)
> >
> > Do you know if that is already possible now with one of these plugins?
>
> well, if you don't want to have to add each domain separately, then you'll
> have to tweak things yourself. changing vlogin might be the easiest place
> to start. shouldn't be very hard...

Ok, just spent 2 hours on it, and it's now working :-)
I first tried via plugins, but it didn't worked, because
there are no hooks at the required places (sqlimap_login, etc.),
so I patched the code directely: not very difficult, but

The patch is available on the tracker under:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=926196&group_id=311&atid=300311

---------------
Added 'dynamic server' feature, which allow user
logging in to hosts based on their username
('[EMAIL PROTECTED]' -> mail.example.com:143'). Also
working for SMTP.
The does not apply cleanly anymore.

To which Paul replied :

It won't make its way into CVS (thanks, however, for your earnest
contribution!), since this is a non-standard usage of SM. It is best kept
as a plugin. If you look more at vlogin, you'll see that it *CAN* do what
you need already. The only thing that it couldn't satisfy for you was the
need to automate the extraction of the server name from the username.
This is best accomplished as a change to that plugin, and can be done in
much less time.

Paul

So, is there a way to have multiple imap servers / one webmail server with squirrelmail.  I just can't enter all domains in a list. There are so many of them.  They keep changing too.

Please advise on how to accomplish this on a fresh sq install.  Vlogin requires a list. How do I make it use no such list?

Yours,

Serving