Re: Backup

John Glynn said:
> Is backing up all of squirrel mail something that is commonly done and/or
> recommended?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> My specs:
> Mail server: IMAP -  dovecot
> PHP - 4.3.11
> Web server - Apache  2.0.53
> This is a stock installation of Redhat Fedora Core 3, which uses  RPM.
> Squirrelmail version: 1.4.6
> Web server:  Raid 5 windows 2003

We have a similar setup, but debian vs Fedora.
As Paul said, backup is a function of the server not SM.  If you are using
dovecot's Maildir format then backup those (wherever they are). Our SM
user settings are in a mySQL database so we dump that nightly and backup
the dump (backing up a live database is nearly useless since you don't
know if the stuff is in memory or on disk at any point). Look at your
.procmailrc files for each user to get the filters.  You get the idea.
Hope this helps.

Bill