Re: Meaning of "no response"

Thanks, Tomas .. I've checked out config test and it tells me that I'm
configured OK

The only thing which I (now) see as potentially problematic is "Base URL
detected as: http://192.168.0.2/webmail/src (location base autodetected)"

SM will certainly 'see itself' using this address, but because of it going
through the authenticating proxy, a client hasn't any hope of accessing it
this way: http://192.168.0.2:8080/webmail/src  Is it possible that this is
part of the problem?

>> Folks,
>>
>> I have squirrelmail set up on my small, home-based server.  It runs very
>> nicely, and sits behind an authenticating proxy (squid) and filter
>> (dansguardian).  Clients (all 3 of them) access SM via a URL such as
>> http://192.168.0.2:8080/webmail/  where 8080 is actually the port on
>> which
>> the filter is running.
>>
>> The only problem that I have struck is in sending a message.  When we
>> click "send", the message actually sends, and a copy (if requested) is
>> dutifully deposited in the copies-to-self folder.  So in all practical
>> terms, it's fine.
>>
>> HOWEVER, when we click send, the system "thinks" for a while (up to a
>> minute), and then something clearly gives up, because we get a "no
>> reponse
>> from 192.168.0.2".  So I'm presuming there's a message along the lines
>> of
>> "message sent" which is supposed to come up, but never does.
>>
>> Now, this may be related to SM or my configuration thereof, or it may
>> not.
>>  Another strange bit of behaviour (not in SM) is that accessing
>> myphpadmin
>> via the same method (different path on the server, of course) happens at
>> speed so slow that it can only be called glacial, and eventually I get
>> the
>> same message there, too.  All other intranet pages (and SM) load fine.
>>
>> But I figure that someone with enough knowledge of SM's innards and what
>> is trying to talk to what in order to get the "message sent" response
>> would possibily be able to point me in the right direction.
>>
>> Any clues, anyone?
>
> Check Base URL detected in configtest.php utility.
>
> http://192.168.0.2:8080/webmail/src/configtest.php

Paul Chandler
pcha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ICQ: 54193141