User specifies IMAP server at login

Greetings

Please excuse this post if it is to the wrong list or if it has been covered elsewhere. I have to admit that my experience with php is limited and so I'm not entirely sure if
what I am trying to do is technically possible and I was hoping for some guidance.

I am currently running:

SquirrelMail v
1.4.6
Config File v 1.4.0
PHP v 4.4.2

and Plugins:

Multilogin v 2.3.2
vlogin v 3.8.0-1.2.7

I am really impressed with the setup and have skinned it with a nutsmail skin. I
have also been able to implement User based logins using the outstanding vlogin
plugin. I have one last question regarding functionality however. Although I understand that the Multilogin plugin
allows the user to select from a drop down of possible imap servers to log into I was wondering if there was any
funtionality / plugin that would allow a login in the form:

username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - ie a login that would result in the script logging into
imapserver.com with the username.

Alternitively a login that is similar to that provided by Multilogin but
in which the user could themselves provide the details of the IMAP server that they
wished to log into instead of having to select one from the drop down list.

I am aware of the fact that this would essentially open the system up to anyone who wanted to check their IMAP server from this installation of
squirrelmail but I have a special requirement to be able to do this on a temporary basis.

Could anyone point me in the right direction - or if this is not possible let me know so I don't waste too many hours on this issue?

Lastly thanks to all the developers of squirrelmail and plugins - I have used many webmail systems and this
is, quite frankly, outstanding.

Geoff Tothill

Sent from SquirrelMail v 1.4.6
Outstanding Opensource Webmail Solution