Re: Please help me for secure SquirrelMail

On Wed, July 19, 2006 6:05 am, Don Russell wrote:
> Paul Lesniewski wrote:

>>> What is that plugin good for?
>>>

>> It does what you set up apache to do but ONLY for SquirrelMail.
> No need for a plugin, configure Apache to do it... ONLY for
> SquirrelMail...
>
> Check /etc/httpd/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf
>
> That file already defines an alias so domain/webmail takes you to
> squirrelmail....
>
> I added the following and it works great!
>
> <Location ~ /webmail>
> RewriteEngine   on
> RewriteCond   %{HTTPS} != on
> RewriteRule   .* https://%{SERVER_NAME}/webmail/ [R,L]
> </Location>

It depends. You can do that with plugin (make sure apache works in https
and http) or with apache.

Muhd Zamri Muhd Suharini
System Administrator
Kolej ShahPutra Kuantan
Tel : +609.573.777.7 ext 119
Fax : +609.573.889.9

This email was sent using Kolej ShahPutra's webmail.

Website : http://www.kolejshahputra.edu.my/
Forum   : http://forum.kolejshahputra.edu.my
Alumni  : http://alumni.kolejshahputra.edu.my