Re: Please help me for secure SquirrelMail

On 7/18/06, Don Russell <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Paul Lesniewski wrote:

> >> What is that plugin good for?
> >>

> > It does what you set up apache to do but ONLY for SquirrelMail.
>
> No need for a plugin, configure Apache to do it... ONLY for SquirrelMail...

Sure, of course, but the point is that some people don't run Apache,
some people are in environments where they don't have access or
permission to modify Apache configuration, etc.  The plugin is
probably second-best solution if you DO have access to Apache conf
files, but that's not an assumption you can make for all SM admins.

> Check /etc/httpd/conf.d/squirrelmail.conf
>
> That file already defines an alias so domain/webmail takes you to
> squirrelmail....

That is NOT a standard file (as far as SquirrelMail package goes -- is
probably a 2nd party packager's idea), so you should include
information about what system you are referring to when you give such
advice.

> I added the following and it works great!
>
> <Location ~ /webmail>
> RewriteEngine   on
> RewriteCond   %{HTTPS} != on
> RewriteRule   .* https://%{SERVER_NAME}/webmail/ [R,L]