Re: vlogin plugin for squirrelmail - few problems.

> | > Hello Squirrels ;)
> | >

> | > I am one happy sysadmin who uses this wonderful piece of code.
> | > Thanks to Paul and Ryan for the good job.
> | >
> | > However, I do have two problems at the moment and I am not sure it's
> | > the fault of the plugin, the fault of SM, or my own fault.
> | >
> | > 1. I have had cases where a user's .prefs file has been changed.
> | >    What I mean is that snubber-sm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has ended up
> | >    having pdontthink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx as the e-mail address, for
> | >    example. How this happens has left me stumped. This is very
> | >    dangerous, because then, when snubber-sm@xxxxxxxxxx sends out
> | >    an e-mail, they appear as from pdontthink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, so
> | >    the replies would go to pdontthink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> | >    Some of my clients are planning to crucify me for this sad
> | >    problem. I am lost as to how this can happen...
> | >    On another setup where I do not use the vlogin plugin, this
> | >    has never happened (never reported to me).
> | >
> | > 2. I have a client who has shoved his fingers up my ass .. almost
> | >    literally, and I was wondering how I can solve his problem with
> | >    vlogin plugin. Basically, I want to display to him a different
> | >    login page from all the other domains:
> | >
> | >    'sucker-domain.tld' => array (
> | >     login_page' => 'http://www.suker-domain.tld',
> | >     )
> | >
> | > I am not sure I am clear, but in my setup, all domains end up with
> | > the same login page. All domains have to reference the prefix
> 'webmail'
> | > to their domains to access the web UI, e.g.
> | >
> | > webmail.wash.com will open up the default SM login page:
> | >
> | > http://webmail.wash.com/src/login.php
> | >
> | > There is some text displayed on the page that one client who sux just
> | > won't see. For a live page, see:
> | > http://webmail.wananchi.co.ke/src/login.php
> | >
> | > Now, I just want to use the plugin to reference either
> | >
> | > (a) a different login page (could be http://webmail.domain.com/x.html)
> | > (b) a different index page, e.g.
> | >
> | >     'sucker-domain.tld' => array (
> | >     login_page' => '/path/to/sucker.html'
> | >     )
> |
> | Enable login_redirect login on client's domain.
> | http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=246
>
> I have seen this plugin today, but it's still unclear to me how to use
> it, after reading the README/INSTALL notes shipped with it, especially
> where it mentions says:
>
> <quote README>
> You can change the login page for different domains if
> you use the Virtual Host Login (vlogin) plugin and configure
> the "login_redirect_custom_login_URI" setting for each domain
> in the Virtual Host Login configuration.
> </quote README>

Create custom login page
(http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/EmbeddedSquirrelMailLogin) that is
acceptable for your client, host it in client's web space and redirect
client's domain logins to that page.

Or install other squirrelmail installation in client's web space.

If your client wants customized login page, login_redirect can help you to
do that. If client wants something else, please be specific. What do you
have to change in login page?

--
Tomas