Re: can't get vlogin plugin to use username as default From address

>> > I know I can go into Options and Personal Information and
>> set my From
>> > address there, but I don't want to have to do that for every user
>> > across 30 domains.  What am I missing?
>>
>> I don't understand why do you need vlogin plugin for that.
>>
>> SquirrelMail is hosted under one URL, vlogin is designed to
>> work with multiple URLs.
>>
>> If users don't have email address set in user prefs, username
>> is used in
>> From: header. If username looks like email address, address in From:
>> header is not suffixed with default domain.
>>
>> If you use SquirrelMail with vlogin plugin under one URL and
>> want to provide custom settings for domain accounts, you
>> should take a look at vlogin user level configuration options.
>
> Hi Tomas... thanks for the response.  If I take the vlogin plugin out, the
> users aren't able to login using their email address... they have to login
> using their actual username on the server (which may have nothing to do
> with
> their email address), so if there's a way to accomplish that without
> vlogin,
> then great.  :)
>
> Right now, though, with vlogin installed they're able to login as
> myemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, but their From address is their actual username
> plus the host name (which could be like usr123049@xxxxxxxxxxxx), and they
> wouldn't be able to receive email at that address.

missed the part about used virtual mapping table.

I think, plugin does not save name used for login. Theoretically it can be
fixed, if plugin saves login name used for login and sets it as email
address after login is verified.

--
Tomas