Search squid archive

Re: [External Sender] Re: Squid service not restarting properly

On 30.09.24 14:22, Vivek Saurabh (CONT) wrote:
I have changed the owner of the files as <local_user>:<group>, but
still the service doesn't start. Once I change the user and group in Unit
file as root, it works. I am stuck because it doesn't show me any error

What does the cache log say?

What does the "systemctl status squid" say?

On Fri, Sep 27, 2024 at 12:57 PM Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 27.09.24 12:50, Vivek Saurabh (CONT) wrote:
>I can restart the service wuth user and group being root. However, while I
>try to start using user as apdpr01 and group as root, it is getting timed
>out and not giving any errors. Can you please advise on this?

do you use different configs?

Because squid can use configuration files that have permissions available
under root user, not under other users.
The same applies for logs and cache.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement