Search squid archive

Re: Squid appears to be ignoring url_rewrite_program

On 2024-09-17 10:43, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
On 2024-09-17 15:13, Alex Rousskov wrote:
What makes you think that CONNECT requests are not sent to the rewriter? In my quick-and-dirty tests, Squid does send CONNECT request targets to the URL rewriter program and honors rewriter's rewrite-url=... response. For example, I see the new target logged to access.log.

Because the target is not being changed, whereas if I force http, it is.

OK, "target is not being changed" is not necessarily the same as "bypass the url rewriter" or "ignoring url_rewrite_program" or "not using the rewriter program"; there are still several open questions:

1. Does Squid ask rewriter to rewrite CONNECT target?
2. If yes, does rewriter actually rewrite CONNECT target?
3. If yes, does Squid use that rewritten CONNECT target?
4. If yes, why is using rewritten CONNECT target not enough
   (to accomplish whatever you are trying to accomplish)?

Please keep in mind that we know almost nothing about what symptoms you observe and what exactly you are trying to achieve...

Alex.