Search squid archive

Re: Squid appears to be ignoring url_rewrite_program

Hi Martin,

On 17/09/24 19:04, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
On 2024-09-17 13:39, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
I am trying to use a URL rewriter program to redirect client requests for certain URLs elsewhere.  I found this on github which seems to do what I need:

https://github.com/rchunping/squid-urlrewrite

You may want to use external_acl_helper instead of url_rewrite_program, to handle CONNECT requests gracefully and close the connection to blocked destinations instead of trying to re-direct. This wouldn't require SSL_bump.

Here is a reference implementation:

https://github.com/Hopbox/charcoal-helper

It requires a server to talk to for ALLOW or DENY decisions, which you can self-host.

(disclaimer: I am the author)

Regards,
Nishant