Search squid archive

Unable to access internal resources via hostname

Hello Squid Support,

We have a newly configured Squid Web Proxy that is allowing connections to external addresses as expected, seemingly following the written ACL’s we have in place.

We are unable to get to internal resources via hostname but using the IP address works fine. Immediately, I thought this was DNS but when I checked the /etc/resolv.conf/ file it was pointing correctly to our Windows DNS server and we can ping all devices using their hostname, just not when browsing to it. This leads me to believe something may be wrong with our squid config.

Thank you for any help in this.

Josh