Search squid archive

Re: Squid traffic paths

On 2024-08-28 08:52, Scott Bates wrote:

Alex: What protocol do those external services use in problematic use cases?>> Does Squid see the corresponding requests from VMs?
Squid can only proxy HTTP and FTP...

http and https only

Does Squid log the corresponding problematic transactions to its access.log?

The weird thing is I have an android test phone that also goes through squid and that device shows the correct IP on the online services.

My working theory is that (a) android test phone goes through Squid (i.e. uses Squid as an HTTP proxy) while (b) the problematic test traffic does not (i.e. goes directly to the external service).

The first guess can be confirmed using access.log (should be trivial in an isolated test environment). The second guess can be confirmed by packet capture analysis (may not be trivial in a virtualized environment and on Windows).

HTH,

Alex.