Search squid archive

Re: Dynamic ACL with local auth

On 8/05/24 19:55, Albert Shih wrote:
Le 06/05/2024 à 12:21:10+0300, ngtech1ltda écrit
Hi,

The right way to do it is to use an external acl helper that will use some kind of database for the settings.

Ok. I will check that.

The other option is to use a reloadable ACLs file.

But those this reload need a restart of the service ?

But you need to clarify exactly the goal if you want more then a basic advise.

Well..pretty simple task

Ah, this is about equivalent to "just create life" level of simplicity.

I expect that what you need is doable, but not in the way you are describing so far.

(p-PS. If you can mention how much experience you have working with Squid configuration it will help us know how much detail we can skip over when offering options.)

I need to build a squid server to allow/deny
people access to some data (website) because those website don't support
authentication.

So Squid needs to authenticate. Is that every request or on a per-resource (URL) basis?

 A) needs only simple auth setup
or
 B) needs auth setup, with ACL(s) defining when to authenticate

But the rule of access “allow/deny” are manage in other place through
another application.

What criteria/details is this other application checking?

Can any of its decision logic be codified as a sequence of Squid ACL types checked in some specific order?

How are you expecting Squid to communicate with it?

of the user and apply the ACL on squid.

Please explain/clarify what **exactly** a "permission" is in your design?

Cheers
Amos