Search squid archive

Linux Noob - Squid Config

Hey Everyone.

I apologize in advance for any lack of formality normally shared on mailing lists such as these, it’s my first time seeking product support in this manner.

I want to start by saying that I’m new to Linux, been using Windows environments my entire life. Such is the reason for me reaching out to you all.

I have been tasked with modernizing a Squid box and feel very overwhelmed, to say the least.

Current Setup:

è CentOS 5.0

è Squid 2.3

è Apache 2.0.46

è Samba 3.0.9

Desired Setup:

è RHEL 9.2 OS

è Needs to qualify for NTLM authentication

è Would like to remove legacy apps/services

è Continue to authenticate outgoing communication via AD

My question is, how do I get all of these services/apps to work together? Do I just install the newest versions of each and migrate the existing config files?

I was hoping for a better understanding on how all of these work together and exactly how to configure or edit these as needed. I’ve gotten as far as installing RHEL 9.2 on a fresh VM Server and trying as best as I can to learn the basics on Linux and just the general operation of a Linux ran environment. It feels like trying to ride a bike with box wheels.

Thank you in advance for any direction or support,

Josh