Search squid archive

Re: Warm cold times

On 22/04/24 17:42, Jonathan Lee wrote:
Has anyone else taken up the fun challenge of doing windows update caching. It is amazing when it works right. It is a complex configuration, but it is worth it to see a warm download come down that originally took 30 mins instantly to a second client. I didn’t know how much of the updates are the same across different vendor laptops.

There have been several people over the years.
The collected information is being gathered at <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Caching/WindowsUpdates>

If you would like to check and update the information for the current Windows 11 and Squid 6, etc. that would be useful.

Wiki updates are now made using github PRs against the repository at <https://github.com/squid-cache/squid-cache.github.io>.

Amazing stuff Squid team.
I wish I could get some of the Roblox Xbox stuff to cache but it’s a night to get running with squid in the first place, I had to splice a bunch of stuff and also wpad the Xbox system.

FWIW, what I have seen from routing perspective is that Roblox likes to use custom ports and P2P connections for a lot of things. So no high expectations there, but anything cacheable is great news.