Search squid archive

Re: Install-Problems under WSL2 / Unbuntu 22.04 LTS with squid v6.9

On Sun, 14 Apr 2024 at 20:04, Yvon Groß <yvong@xxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

After the installation, however, I notice that squid cannot be started. The error message says that squid cannot find the squid.service. Obviously not everything was installed correctly or completely during the installation. When I search for the file in question in the folder, this file is nowhere to be found (except of course in the compressed squid.tar file). Strange.

In order to understand what is happening, a crucial piece of information is missing: how are you trying to start squid?
Have you tried running /usr/sbin/squid ? Does it work when you do that?

  Francesco