Search squid archive

Re: Chrome auto-HTTPS-upgrade - not falling to http

On 2024-04-04 03:01, David Komanek wrote:
I do not observe this problem accessing sites running only on port 80 (no 443 at all), but my configuration is simple:

squid 6.6 as FreeBSD binary package

not much about ssl in the config file though, just passing it through, no ssl juggling

Your use case is not applicable to this problem because your Squid is not using SslBump. It is SslBump actions that confuse Chrome (in some cases).

Alex.

acl SSL_ports port
acl Safe_ports port 80
acl Safe_ports port 443
acl CONNECT method CONNECT
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny to_localhost
http_access allow ....
http_access allow ....
http_access allow ....
http_access allow ....
http_access allow ....
http_access deny all

I don't think it was different with squid 5.9, which I used till November 2023.

Occasionally, I see another problem, which may or may not be related to squid ssl handling configuration: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR (Firefox) / ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED (Chrome), typically accessing samba.org. But they use permanent redirect from http to https, so it another situation than http-only site.

David