Search squid archive

Cache Manager (cachemgr.cgi) with IIS version 10 as web server

Hello and good morning,

I installed Squid (v5.7) in the last couple of weeks on 2 Windows Server
2022 systems (test blades) in a WSL(1) and WSL(2) environment. As
distribution I use Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS. Squid is running on the server.
Clients can reach Squid as a proxy. SquidClient also works. Wonderful.
Now I want to get Cache Manager running via cachemgr.cgi. Since I use
Windows Server 2022 and use IIS version 10 as a web server, I try to
reach the Cache Manager website on several weekends. I am still gritting
my teeth on this. There is not much information available for
configuring the web server (IIS) in conjunction with Squid. If there is,
it is very old. I did find a few hints in the Mailling list. In
connection with IIS v6, partially. On a website
(http://androidyou.blogspot.com/2010/10/install-squid-cachemgrcgi-to-iis-7-iis.html),
for example, I used a template to make Cache Manager accessible in the
browser. I fail at point 3: You should adjust <isapiCgiRestriction
notListedIsapisAllowed="false" notListedCgisAllowed="True"> in the
applicationHost.config file at the position isapiCgiRestriction.
However, this position does not exist under IIS v10. Even manual
insertion fails. I get different error messages like HTTP-Error 404.2. I
know that IIS has restrictive rejection of CGIs in the newer versions.
But I have to admit that I am a newbie when it comes to IIS as a web
server. I am therefore hoping for valuable tips and/or hints on how I
can still get the cache manager running under IIS v10.

Thanx and Greeting

Yvon