Search squid archive

Re: Squid delay_access with external acl

On 2024-03-04 06:31, Szilárd Horváth wrote:

Thank you so much your answer but this solution isn't work.

Please note that I did not (try to) offer a solution. I only tried to correct a specific problem in a specific configuration statement.

I hope that Francesco will continue to guide you towards the solution that works in your environment. It may be useful to know what exactly does not work at this point (e.g., the transaction never gets a limited=yes annotation, which you can check by logging %note to access.log, OR the transaction is annotated as expected but is not delayed as expected).

Good luck,

Alex.

Please check my config maybe i made a mistake. Or maybe have you any other solution? I can use proxy users from QUOTA_EXCEEDED_USERS.acl which contain e-mail address or get from ldap with external_acl_type overkvota children-max=10 children-startup=10 ttl=600 negative_ttl=600 %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/ext_ldap_group_acl -Z -v 3 -P -p 389 -h ldapm1.xxxxx.hu -s sub -D cn=squid_proxy,o=services -W /etc/squid/secret -b o=xxxx -f "(&(mail=%u)(objectclass=InetorgPerson)(InternetUser=true)(QuotaExceeded=true))"
*acl QUOTA_EXCEEDED_USERS ext_user "/etc/squid/QUOTA_EXCEEDED_USERS.acl"*
*acl markAsLimited annotate_transaction limited=yes*
*acl markedAsLimited note limited yes*
*http_access allow QUOTA_EXCEEDED_USERS markAsLimited !all
*
*delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_parameters 1 32000/32000
delay_access 1 allow markedAsLimited
delay_access 1 deny all*
br,
Szilard

Alex Rousskov <rousskov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 02/20/2024, 04:52 PM >>>
On 2024-02-20 03:14, Francesco Chemolli wrote:

 > acl users ext_user foo bar gazonk
 > http_access allow users all # always allow

The above does not always allow. What you meant it probably this:

# This rule never matches. It is used for its side effect:
# The rule evaluates users ACL, caching evaluation result.
http_access allow users !all

 > delay_access 3 allow users
 >
 > should do the trick

... but sometimes will not. Wiki recommendation to "exploit caching" is
an ugly outdated hack that should be avoided. The correct solution these
days is to use annotate_transaction ACL to mark the transaction
accordingly. Here is an untested sketch:

acl fromUserThatShouldBeLimited ext_user ...
acl markAsLimited annotate_transaction limited=yes
acl markedAsLimited note limited yes

# This rule never matches; used for its annotation side effect.
http_access allow fromUserThatShouldBeLimited markAsLimited !all

delay_access 3 allow markedAsLimited

HTH,

Alex.