Search squid archive

Re: Squid delay_access with external acl

On 2024-02-20 03:14, Francesco Chemolli wrote:

acl users ext_user foo bar gazonk
http_access allow users all  # always allow

The above does not always allow. What you meant it probably this:

# This rule never matches. It is used for its side effect:
# The rule evaluates users ACL, caching evaluation result.
http_access allow users !all

delay_access 3 allow users

should do the trick

... but sometimes will not. Wiki recommendation to "exploit caching" is an ugly outdated hack that should be avoided. The correct solution these days is to use annotate_transaction ACL to mark the transaction accordingly. Here is an untested sketch:

    acl fromUserThatShouldBeLimited ext_user ...
    acl markAsLimited annotate_transaction limited=yes
    acl markedAsLimited note limited yes

    # This rule never matches; used for its annotation side effect.
    http_access allow fromUserThatShouldBeLimited markAsLimited !all

    delay_access 3 allow markedAsLimited

HTH,

Alex.