Search squid archive

Re: offline mode not working for me

Ah OK - understood.  Thanks for the explanation.

Robin

On Sat, 20 Jan 2024 at 12:17, Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 20/01/24 02:05, Robin Carlisle wrote:

> I do have 1 followup question which I think is unrelated, let me know if
> etiquette demands I create a new post for this. When I test using
> chromium browser, chromium sends OPTION requests- which I think is
> something to do with CORS.   These always cause cache MISS from squid,..
> I think because the return code is 204...?

No, the reason is HTTP specification (RFC 9110 section 9.3.7):

If these actually are CORS (might be several other things also), then
there is important differences in the response headers per-visitor.
These cannot be cached, and Squid does not know how to correctly
generate for those headers. So having Squid auto-respond is not a good idea.

Cheers
Amos