Search squid archive

Re: offline mode not working for me

On 20/01/24 02:05, Robin Carlisle wrote:

I do have 1 followup question which I think is unrelated, let me know if etiquette demands I create a new post for this. When I test using chromium browser, chromium sends OPTION requests- which I think is something to do with CORS.   These always cause cache MISS from squid,.. I think because the return code is 204...?

No, the reason is HTTP specification (RFC 9110 section 9.3.7):

If these actually are CORS (might be several other things also), then there is important differences in the response headers per-visitor. These cannot be cached, and Squid does not know how to correctly generate for those headers. So having Squid auto-respond is not a good idea.

Cheers
Amos