Search squid archive

reconfigure drops in memory caches for external_acl_type

Hello,

in the very recent past I stumbled over that a "squid -k reconfigure" drops in memory caches for external_acl_type helpers, wich in my case leads to a massive query burst against local winbind (ext_wbinfo_group_acl) and infact the active directory domaincontrollers. This also leads to an massive impact in servicetime to endusers, where after a reconfigure the time needed to fullfill takes a recent time by group membership authorization within squid until the external_acl cache is "rewarmed".

I have veriefied that behavior back to v5.2.

I want to ask if this is a wanted behavior to squid or should I file a bug-report on this?

Maybe I discovered a topic wich is connected to this discussion: https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HotConf

Best regards

Norman