Search squid archive

Re: [ext] Squid quits while starting?!

* Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
That is false. Squid writes as much information as it can about the problem
to log, stderr, and if possible the system message log. There is nothing
else a process like Squid can do.

On 02.10.23 11:01, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
Squid COULD have initialized the DB itself.
That's the criticism I'm willing to allow.
If it KNOWS what's wrong, why not "fix" it itself.

crtd, not squid, unless there's reason not to do that.

Perhaps squid could log the error crtd sent, perhapt this could be enhanced to all helpers.

so the OP doesn't need to find it out themselves.
https://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2023-September/026164.html

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?