Search squid archive

Re: access_log UDP format

On 22/09/23 01:15, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
I'm curious if the udp:// logging is syslog-compatible.

Do I just need to congigure proper logformat?

On 26.09.23 12:20, Amos Jeffries wrote:
The Squid "udp" logging module sends your log lines as opaque UDP packet payload to the named UDP server:port.

The Squid "syslog" logging module frames that data into the binary syslog protocol.

so, IIUC, the difference between feeding to syslog daemon (which would further forward it over network), and sending directly over UDP is that the latter does not have syslog protocol features like UTF8 encoding?

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@xxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
2B|!2B, that's a question!