发件人: "Alex Rousskov"<rousskov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
发送时间: 2023年9月21日(星期四) 凌晨0:57
收件人: "squid-users"<squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
主题: Re: [squid-users] ssl-bump peek and select pinned destination failed

On 2023-09-20 04:17, linfengfeiye wrote:
> Hi, what does "PeerSelector186 found pinned, destination" that appears
> in the Squid log mean?

Please note that Squid debugging logs (cache.log at level 3 and above)
are for developer use. This mailing list is not. In triage, I recommend
focusing on access.log, non-debugging cache.log, and other admin-focused
resources while leaving debug log analysis to Squid developers.

Roughly speaking, the logging message you are asking about means that
Squid code tasked with selecting where to forward the request found a
previously opened Squid-to-server connection that was assigned (i.e.,
"pinned") to the client-to-Squid connection on which that request was
received. In most cases, that connection will be used for that request.

In SslBump context, a Squid-to-server TCP connection gets pinned to the
corresponding client-to-Squid TCP connection because that
Squid-to-server TLS connection uses TLS settings specific to that client
and vice versa. Pinning minimizes surprises/changes for TLS clients that
are not expected to be bumped. It also creates various problems.

> The destination address https://my.local.web in this log is returned by
> URL-Rewrite, rewrite-url="" href="https://my.local.web," rel="noopener" target="_blank">https://my.local.web, which is a local web
> service of mine.But it failed directly after peer_select. I think this
> should be related to ssl-bump.

AFAICT, without significant Squid code adjustments, one cannot rewrite
destinations of bumped requests because rewritten requests will still be
assigned the old pinned Squid-to-server connections despite request
destination changes.

> My decryption configuration is roughly as
> follows.
>
> The strange thing is that as long as I comment these two lines,
>
> #acl step1 at_step SslBump1
> #ssl_bump peek step1 all
>
>   the pinned destination disappears and the access is successful,why?

Roughly speaking, without SslBump (and certain other special cases),
there is no need to pin connections and there is no URL rewriting (for
encrypted requests).

HTH,

Alex.