Search squid archive

Re: Squid BUG: assurance failed: tok.skip(WellKnownUrlPathPrefix())

On 15/09/23 18:23, Loučanský Lukáš wrote:
Ok - thanks for your reply. But this does not clarify it fully. You said cachemgr.cgi auto-detects the existence of MGR_INDEX template. But what is it supposed to do if none is found? Just displaying the message about missing MGR_INDEX? Or doing the old style "Cache Manager menu"? I have applied Alex's  patch to re-enable cache_object URI and now it obviously works - both cache_object and squid-internal-mgr. I mean - squidclient from debian packages (v4.6) works and the one compiled with squid v6.3 works too. Because of my old network NOC system a use a very old cachemgr (in fact version index.cgi/3.1.16) to ask the current v6.3 squid for its data and now it works too.

Ah, very old, the behaviour I described was for cachemgr.cgi v3.2.0.10 and later.

The 3.1 version can only display the old style "Cache Manager menu" regardless of what the Squid server supports.

That also means it will not work with any Squid v7 or later proxies where the cache_object protocol has been dropped entirely.

My testing today found bug 5300, bug 5301 and few other annoyances in the v4+ CGI tool. So right now I am not recommending an upgrade, but it will be worth it once they are fixed.

HTH
Amos