Search squid archive

Re: Squid BUG: assurance failed: tok.skip(WellKnownUrlPathPrefix())

On 15/09/23 09:55, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 2023-09-14 06:40, Loučanský Lukáš wrote:

But - could someone (or you) clarify the next one for me? I've read some questions about the "new" cachemgr.cgi and the MGR_INDEX template.

Sorry, I cannot help with cachemgr.cgi without heroic efforts. IMHO, Squid Project should remove cachemgr.cgi feature instead of supporting it. I hope that somebody else will help you with it.

FYI, the cachemgr.cgi provided by current Squid tries to auto-detect the existence of a working MGR_INDEX and simply provides a URL to that instead of doing the "old" CGI interface things.

The reasons to use it are:
 1) when managing very outdated Squid versions, or
2) managing Squid which have not yet had a tool providing MGR_INDEX installed yet.

The recent changes to squidclient "mgr:" support and the cache_object:// URL scheme have had a few issues. I am currently setting up a test environment to analyze and re-document the new/current situation. Hopefully some detailed info can be added to the wiki in the coming days.

HTH
Amos