Search squid archive

Re: limit down- & upload speed for each proxy to 30 Mbit

On 13/03/2023 6:17 am, Marcus Boldt wrote:
Hi everyone,

I currently have Squid 4.13 installed on Debian 11 and have several outgoing IPv4 addresses with authentication. I would now like to limit the download & upload speed for all proxies to 30 Mbit download & upload speed. I came across the "pools" and tried different configurations, but unfortunately not one of them works.

Squid delay pools are for traffic control of specific clients using in-band criteria from HTTP itself.

What you appear to be asking for is actually traffic shaping of the entire process. On Linux systems the <https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/tc.8.html> tool does that.

Cheers
Amos