Search squid archive

Re: Are you using ESI?

ESI in Squid hasn't had investment done to it for neigh on twenty years now. Not a bad run 🙂. I have no idea if there are users out there... Certainly no one has reached out to me about it for many years.

I think newer models of edge compute like WASM and ICAP are generally better: narrower interfaces that unlock huge potential.

The implementation in Squid should be savable if folk are interested - I don't remember it being all that bad - but I certainly don't have time to offer to do that.

HTH,
Rob