Search squid archive

Are you using ESI?

Hello,

ESI support in Squid has been a significant source of problems for many years. One of the biggest problems is affecting a lot of code that has nothing to do with the ESI module! I see no signs of a significant ESI user base, but some users may still exist. Before proposing to remove ESI support from Squid, I would like to better estimate the negative impact of that removal on existing Squid installations.

If your Squid installation uses ESI features, please respond (in private if necessary). How would ESI removal affect your Squids? Would you be willing and able to rewrite the ESI module integration with Squid primary APIs (or hire a developer capable of such a serious project)?

Thank you,

Alex.