Search squid archive

Re: e-CAP future development

On 1/2/23 13:44, Avram-Teodor Berindeie wrote:
So there will be a libecap 1.1 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ecap/+bug/1595488/comments/5> someday!

That is difficult to predict IMO. There should be libecap v2 someday, but whether that will actually happen, and whether there will be a v1.1 release before that, I do not know.

In my environment I use ICAP and I hope to be able to use eCAP as well, but for that a new version of libecap would be good and of course the Clamav to solve the problem related to the scanning speed.

Most folks would not benefit from a a minor libecap release (directly) -- they can just use the library provided in your distro already. There is demand for ClamAV improvements indeed, but those improvements can happen using the existing libecap code.

Cheers,

Alex.

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 6:25 PM Alex Rousskov wrote:

    On 1/2/23 08:56, Avram-Teodor Berindeie wrote:
     > I would like to know what is
     > expected regarding the further development of eCAP

    There are at least two changes that should happen to eCAP:

    1. Removal of used-to-be-experimental C++ APIs from official
    declarations: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ecap/+bug/1595488
    <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ecap/+bug/1595488>

    2. Replacement of the current API with a much simpler/better one.

    AFAICT: Distros took care of #1 (but we should still do a corresponding
    official update). There is currently not enough demand to do #2.

    HTH,

    Alex.