Search squid archive

e-CAP future development

So there will be a libecap 1.1 someday!
In my environment I use ICAP and I hope to be able to use eCAP as well, but for that a new version of libecap would be good and of course the Clamav to solve the problem related to the scanning speed.

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 6:25 PM Alex Rousskov <rousskov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/2/23 08:56, Avram-Teodor Berindeie wrote:
> I would like to know what is
> expected regarding the further development of eCAP

There are at least two changes that should happen to eCAP:

1. Removal of used-to-be-experimental C++ APIs from official
declarations: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ecap/+bug/1595488

2. Replacement of the current API with a much simpler/better one.

AFAICT: Distros took care of #1 (but we should still do a corresponding
official update). There is currently not enough demand to do #2.

HTH,

Alex.