Search squid archive

Re: Squid performance recommendation

Hi

We have some experience on cluster configuration.

https://wiki.articatech.com/en/proxy-service/hacluster

As using Kubernetes for Squid and for 40K users is a very "risky adventure".

Squid requires a very high disk performance (I/O) which means both a good hard disk drive and a decent controller card.

You will reach a functional limit of kubernete which by structure is not adapted to this type of service

Of course you can continue in this way....

But we see this a lot from experience:

"To take on the load you're going to install a lot of instances on multiple virtualization servers.
Whereas 2 or 3 physical machines could handle it all."