Search squid archive

Re: ACL evaluation from ICAP response header

On 4/1/22 11:37, Jason Spashett wrote:

I was wondering if there is a way to evaluate an ACL from some response from an ICAP server. I have tried returning an ICAP response header in reqmod, but it doesn't seem possible to get at the header using the note ACL.

Squid does not support converting ICAP (meta)headers into annotations. It is a known to-do item. Squid claimed to support converting eCAP meta-headers into annotations, but my recent experiments showed that it was not happening either. I have a fix for eCAP and am working on making it official. A similar change/enhancement will need to be done for ICAP.

Meanwhile, you may be able to, in some cases, work around the lack of support by passing "%adapt::<last_h{metaheader-name-here}" to an external ACL helper (or to a built-in ACL that supports logformat %codes).

HTH,

Alex.