Search squid archive

Re: SSL Terminating Reverse Proxy with Referral Tracking

On 9/14/21 6:09 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
b) If those upstream servers are embedding URLs for clients to directly contact the XaaS services. Then your desire is not possible without redesigning the upstream service(s) such that they stop exposing their use of the XaaS. Which often also means redesigning the XaaS service itself too.

I don't know about Squid, but I do know that it's possible to manipulate traffic with Apache in a similar role. I've done so a number of times using the mod_proxy and associated mod_proxy_html modules. This allows Apache to re-write content as it's passing through the Apache proxy.

I wonder if Squid's ICAP support might allow something to modify traffic as it passes through the Squid proxy.

That is not possible for a reverse-proxy to do. It will never see the third-party traffic, as mentioned by (b) above.

Sure it is.  }:-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die