Search squid archive

SSL Terminating Reverse Proxy with Referral Tracking

Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for an elegant technology option to have telcos zero-rate all of the traffic to a set of online destinations. Using an SSL terminating reverse proxy could be a potential answer to this as we can focus on zero-rating the proxy's downstream traffic with each ISP/Telco without worrying about upstream servers.

There are two challenges to address here though:
1) Modern web applications on the upstream servers use many 3rd party and X-a-a-S resources  (e.g. embedded media, libraries, etc) that we also want to pass through the proxy to ensure they are zero-rated.

2) For a user to complete an end-to-end process they may get referred to 3rd party websites (like a payment gateway) that we only want to zero-rate if the referral is from one of our designated upstream servers.

Any advice on whether and how Squid and other related technologies could help is much appreciated.

Cheers
Mehrdad