Search squid archive

Re: Hi, i need some help about squid for windows

On 30/08/21 9:31 pm, Momir Milekic wrote:
We finally uninstall squid for windows 2.7 and install 4.14..
we have no time to reedit squid.conf and i tried just to overwrite 4.14 squid.conf with 2.7  (it worked with those settings. It had minor bugs, mentioned in my first message here but it worked. squid 4.14 will not work with this squid.config file. all clients receive the message "refused to connect")

What refused - Squid or the client Browser?

my question is how to fix that without reedit whole 4.14 squid.conf?

Do you still have a copy of the old Squid-2 config file?
 You will at very least need to copy some of the details across.

Has the syntax of the basic commands changed, perhaps the order of the commands that initialize the proxy? Basically I need a setting that no one can connect to the proxy except the local network inside (192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.255)

Edit the "acl localnet" lines in squid.conf to only contain that IP range.

and proxy is their gateway.

That is a network and/or client setting. Same as was done when you used Squid-2. It depends on your network topology/design and software used how that is done.

Then the internet bandwidth per client and the number of connections per client to be limited,

Copy the delay_* lines from your Squid-2 config file.

the dns servers to be configured and the listening ports (3128 as default and 808 as aditional one).

Look for the http_port lines in squid.conf. You should find 3128 already present. Add a line "http_port 808" there.

NP: If the 3128 line is commented out (some distributors do) that may be the connect problem, remove the '#'.

Amos