Search squid archive

Re: Getting a squid clients list

On 30/08/21 6:35 pm, U Zee wrote:
I've inherited an old machine running squid 2.6 and planning to refresh it. There are many clients in our environment and I'd like to put together a list of those so that they can be updated if the IP/hostname changes. Looking at the docs, I see cache.log and store.log but access.log is empty?

That is a bit worrying. Find out why access.log is empty.

Is there a better way to generate a list of all clients that use it?

If your proxy has clientdb features enabled you can use the cache manager "client_list" to fetch a list of all the clients that have been using the proxy.

Try command:
  squidclient mgr:client_list | grep "Address"

Amos