Search squid archive

Re: Squid caching webpages now days?

On 8/1/21 3:48 AM, Periko Support wrote:

with most of the web sites running under https.

SSL Bumping might help here.
Whether it's worth the hassle, legal, etc... depends on your situation.

Does caching still a good option with squid?

Generally speaking, I find caching is nowadays mostly irrelevant.

However it can make a huge difference in some edge cases: I had a server distributing packages to several groups of machines and it was behind a very slow line. Downloading the package once or several times would make the difference betweeen minutes and hours.

So YMMV.

 bye
	av.