Search squid archive

Re: Peer selection based on IP with multiple ports?

On 17/01/21 1:52 am, roee klinger wrote:
Hey,

I am using Squid to route users to different peers based on their usernames, I was asked to add support for IP whitelisting recently but I ran into an issue.

If one IP wants to access to different peers, I will have to do it based on on the listening port number, as there is no other way to differentiate the traffic, however, Squid is limited to 128 listening ports, which means I will have to use a max of 128 peers.

What about using the ext_SQL_session_acl helper?

You would have a URL/page that these clients visit to select which peer they are going to use. That updates the database to start/change their session with username that allows access to the relevant peer.

Amos