Search squid archive

Re: ssl bump, CA certificate renewal, how to?

15.01.2019 21:33, Bruno de Paula Larini пишет:
Em 15/01/2019 15:01, Dmitry Melekhov escreveu:

5 years, really, not very long period of time, if I'll be sure to not work here in 5 years then I'll use this ;-) , unfortunately I'm not :-(

I don't need to replace certificate every year or so, but I need to have minimal service interruption for every user during certificate replacement,

and I'm sure that certificate will need replacement for some reason.

If your clients are running Windows and are AD members, you could distribute the certificates very easily via GPO. If not I can only think of a scripted solution on client's side, as Eliezer suggested.

I guess we have not more 1/3 of computers in AD, and not all of them are windows , we also have linux and macos...

As for avoiding the downtime, try to add, not replace the new one in the clients' certificate store beforehand. When you're certain that all of the clients are updated, then switch the Squid's CA.

-Bruno

Thank you very much, this simple and efficient :-)