Search squid archive

Re: ssl bump, CA certificate renewal, how to?

15.01.2019 20:52, eliezer@xxxxxxxxxxxx пишет:

With squid 4.x or even 3.5 you can use an intermediate CA.

So you will have the root key and certificate somewhere safe and renew the intermediate root CA every year or two.

The main root CA should be created at-least for a period of 5 years to allow this dynamicity you probably need.

Eliezer

5 years, really, not very long period of time, if I'll be sure to not work here in 5 years then I'll use this ;-) , unfortunately I'm not :-(

I don't need to replace certificate every year or so, but I need to have minimal service interruption for every user during certificate replacement,

and I'm sure that certificate will need replacement for some reason.

  • I have seen security companies( AV ) that updates their root ca certificate using the AV or agent, if running an update file/service every startup is an option we can try to find a nice solution.

Download certificate at every boot or user login....

This is good idea, thank you!

----

Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator