Search squid archive

Re: block user agent

On 22/11/17 23:48, Vieri wrote:
________________________________
From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

If you place that after the default "deny CONNECT !SSL_ports", and
before your UA checks, AND if you are using ssl_bump on the allowed
tunnels then you can relatively safely use "allow CONNECT".

Just be careful that the CONNECT allowed by that are always handled
safely by the ssl_bump rules you have.
   Meaning that you either bump or terminate traffic you are not sure is
okay, splice if you are reasonably sure, etc. it is a balancing effort
between "splice as much as possible" and "terminate if unsure of the
traffic" advice.

As you say, I placed "allow CONNECT" after the default "deny CONNECT !SSL_ports", and before my UA checks. I'm also using:
ssl_bump stare all
ssl_bump bump all

Considering the following (taken from previous e-mail):

http_access deny intercepted !localnet
http_access deny interceptedssl !localnet
http_access deny explicit !ORG_all
http_access deny explicit SSL_ports

Would it be "safer" or "indifferent" to use the following right before the UA checks?

http_access allow CONNECT interceptedssl SSL_ports

All CONNECT transactions that get past that earlier line with !SSL_Ports will match SSL_Ports. So that part of the line is redundant.

The "CONNECT interceptedssl" is more restricted than just "CONNECT" - so is safer due to that yes. But also leaves some traffic open to the same denial problem you had earlier if non-UA CONNECT happen other ways. Up to you whether that is wanted or acceptible.

Amos