Search squid archive

Re: Squid multithread

14.11.2016 21:59, Eduardo Carneiro пишет:
Yuri Voinov wrote
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SmpScale

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/MultipleInstances

14.11.2016 20:22, Eduardo Carneiro пишет:
Hi everyone!

I have a Squid 3.5.19 with dynamic content cache using url rewrite. It's
virtual machine (VMWare) with 2 quad-core processors each. Squid proccess
is
100% in one of my eight cores and the access it's getting very slow.

There exists any way to compile squid with multithread option? The idea
is
spread this processing beetwen the 8 cores.

Thanks.

Cats - delicious. You just do not know how to cook them.

0x613DEC46.asc (2K)
<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4680489/0/0x613DEC46.asc>
signature.asc (484 bytes)
<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4680489/1/signature.asc>
From what I understood I will need to use each instance in different ports,
right? This does not solve my problem. There are any way to separate one
instance for accesses and another for cache?

Who decides which worker gets the request?

All workers that share http_port listen on the same IP address and TCP port. The operating system protects the shared listening socket with a lock and decides which worker gets the new HTTP connection waiting to be accepted. Once the incoming connection is accepted by the worker, it stays with that worker.

Cats - delicious. You just do not know how to cook them.